Posted By RichC on October 6, 2016
Failed joke aside, I did bring home one of the old nasty looking curtains or port coverings from our sailboat in order to replace. The thought was that I would get Brenda to sew up 7 of these for the boat, but “if you want it done, you just have to do it yourself.”
Actually I could only muster one of these (for now) as I need to take apart the old ones in order to reuse the fabric and plastic hooks. After being taught to use a seam ripper it wasn’t all that bad. I made a straight edge “fence” for the Sailrite Walking Foot Sewing Machine and dialed in the tension and threading setup for the lightweight fabric and threads. After some trial and error, I was able to stitch up the first of 7 … although I’ll have to check to see how it fits next trip down.