Posted By RichC on November 24, 2016
Because my kids are out of town and Brenda is working today, I didn’t intend to post anything for Thanksgiving this year; I just figure I would just let an uneventful day pass. BUT, after mentally reflecting on this past year, I realized just how much I have to be thankful for … considering what a difference a year can make.
So Thankful … praise God:
- Brenda has recovered unbelievably well from her injury … not 100% but well beyond what the surgeon expected.
- My mother-in-law is good, dementia stable and she is happy
- My niece Sarah graduated high school and started college; she is smiling and adjusting to another round of chemotherapy between classes and college fun.
- One cousin has successfully beaten back her cancer while my other cousin “survived” a stroke and is on his long road of recovery.
- My children are employed, healthy and enjoying life. They are thoughtful and do for others … including making their mom and dad happy with regular calls and messages (and I’m thankful for “Baby Oostra” too — it’s a girl!).
- After my dad’s passing, my brother and I were able to take our time to finalize his estate, sell, his house and amiably divide treasured memories, etc.
- My friend Keith whom I help with GroupBibleStudy is back to 100% after his heart surgery
- That I’ve been blessed with good health, a great family and comfortable life.
- … and finally I’m thankful for the prayers and hard work from like minded, freedom loving, commonsense, patriotic Americans who love their fellow citizens and country … AND that voted for new leadership in Washington DC which better reflect (and respect) those who founded and fought to build this country. May President-Elect Trump make good on his intent to “Making America Great Again” … so far in staffing appointments he is off to a GREAT start. As I did for President Obama in 2008, I will give him my support and pray that he will govern this country with wisdom and the values penned by our founders.
1 Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
2 Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.