Posted By RichC on December 26, 2008
Often times those who are ‘somewhat’ computer literate dread the holidays with family for reason other than “they are family.” How many receive the annual (or semi-annual) questions a post over at Lifehacker offers assistance about?
- “It takes forever to start up.”
- “I keep getting a pop-up saying I need to pay for my antivirus software.”
- “When I get on the Internet things look weird” or “I keep getting these annoying popup ads.”
- “I can’t find the digital photos I downloaded last month.”
- “The Internet stopped working.”
TechRadar compiles a list of fix-it tools you can take with you to the family holiday that you can install on a USB flashdrive, just in case your relative has slow Internet service.