Posted By RichC on September 9, 2013
- Wherever you go, you hear your wife say "let my husband help you fix that."
- You have many tools (and multiple toolboxes), including special service tools for tasks you’ve done just once. But the only tools you usually use are adjustable wrenches, a couple of old humble looking screwdrivers and a pair of pliers your father (grandfather) gave you.
- Your favorite possession is a Leatherman that you received for Christmas. Nothing says love like the gift of tools.
- There is a very large box in the corner of your garage filled with miscellaneous fasteners. It used to be a baby food jar, then it was a jam jar, then a pickle jar. Now it takes a very large container to hold all the nuts and bolts you’ve accumulated.
- You can reach into that box of parts and come up with exactly the right fastener, by feel.
- Nothing gets thrown out unless you strip it for fasteners, motors, sheet metal, tubing and switches. No matter how much of this stuff you have, it’s never enough.
- You know the horsepower, torque and axle ratio of every car you’ve ever owned.
- You never take notes when you disassemble something.
You always get it back. Sometimes, you make something new from the parts, just for fun. (whoops!)
together, without any leftovers
- No matter how you scrub, the black won’t come off your fingers. Corollary: it won’t come off the couch either.
- You have a collection of bottled gasses … as well as a few that aren’t in bottles that should never be released indoors.
- If it can’t be fixed by welding, epoxy or duct tape … it can’t be fixed. (I just added that one!)