Posted By RichC on June 17, 2010
I’m not a regular email ‘forwarder,’ but occasionally one tickles my funny bone. Thanks D.
Only in America …
- do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
- do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.
- do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.
- do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
- do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.
- do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.
Ever Wonder …
- Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?
- Why women can’t put on mascara with their mouth closed? Why don’t you ever see the headline ‘Psychic Wins Lottery’?
- Why is ‘abbreviated’ such a long word?
Why is it that doctors call what they do ‘practice’?
- Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
- Why is the man who invests all your money called a "broker"?
- Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called ‘rush hour’?
- Why isn’t there mouse-flavored cat food?
- Why didn’t Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
- Why do they sterilize the needle for Lethal Injections?
- Why don’t we make whole planes from the indestructible black box ?
- Why don’t they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
- Why don’t sheep shrink when it rains?
- Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
- con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
- flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?