Posted By RichC on May 29, 2009
Here a great way to try, or to just use without paying for more storage, my favorite backup and multiple computer file sharing service from Sugarsync. I’ve commented positively before and have no problem paying a monthly for the service, but here’s a way for students, skeptics and light users to give Sugarsync a ‘long trial’ for free.
Learn More – Free 2 GB Plan
What are the limitations of the Free 2GB plan?
- You can only backup & sync up to two computers – with a paid plan you can backup & sync an unlimited number of computers.
- SugarSync will store the current version of each document, plus 2 past versions. If you’re looking to maintain and access more you’ll need to switch to a paid plan.
- The upload time on the 2 GB free plan isn’t as speedy as with the paid (download speed is the same).
- You can only backup & sync up to 2 GB of data.
Do I get mobile applications with the Free 2GB plan?
- Absolutely – we want you to enjoy the best of SugarSync – this includes our unmatched level of customer features you’ll get through your mobile phone.
- We now have mobile applications for iPhone, BlackBerry & WinMo. All other phones with a mobile web browser can use SugarSync by visiting m.sugarsync.com.
I’m an existing user – can I change to the Free 2GB plan?
- Yes, but you may need to reduce your existing data to ensure you’re under the 2 GB limit. If you’re on a paid plan, you’ll be able to transfer over once your paid subscription has come to an end.
- The Free 2GB plan has some feature limitations – see above for more detail.
Learn More – 30-Day Free Trial
Is the 30-day Trial limited in any way?
- No – the 30-day trial gives you full access to the plan, which includes backup, sync, remote access from any computer or mobile device, and sharing & collaboration features.
- You can cancel at any time during your 30-day trial if you are not satisfied.
What happens at the end of my 30-day trial?
- We will automatically bill your credit card and charge you for the plan you selected. If you’re not satisfied with your experience within the first 30 days, you can cancel online anytime with one easy step.
Can I start a 30-day trial then change my mind later and sign up for Free 2GB plan?
- Yes. If you decide you only need 2 GB of storage you can cancel your 30-day trial before it’s over and change your plan – simply go to your SugarSync account page. Important note: A Free 2 GB plan doesn’t include all of the features and benefits a paid plan provides. Please read through the terms and conditions before you decide to cancel your 30-day free trial (you only get one!).
I’m on a 45-day trial of the 10GB plan – do I still qualify for a 30-day trial of the paid plans?
- Yes! You can sign-up for a one-time 30-day free trial. At the end of that trial we hope you’ll subscribe and continue to use SugarSync for your file backup, sync and remote access needs.