Posted By RichC on June 2, 2019
A couple of weeks ago I stumbled across a guy work over a stove and frying pan of hot oil. If you’ve done this before, no doubt the spatter occasionally burns your hand … especially when using a short utensil. I noticed this inventive chap cut off a plastic soda pop bottle, fed the handle of the utensil thru the screw cap and stuck his hand in the bottle to protect himself from spatter. It was ingenious enough for me to give it a try while cooking some chicken fried rice.
FYI – Reality check: I doubt for a single pan of fried rice it is worth it … but would reconsider, or just wear a glove, if I were frying up a bunch of fried fish fillets!