Posted By RichC on July 15, 2013
There are now 570 miles of Ohio roads where we legally can drive 70 mph (below).
• Interstate 76: From outside Akron going east to the west of Youngstown.
• Interstate 77: From outside of Canton south to the West Virginia border.
• Interstate 71: From the Jeremiah Morrow Bridge in southwest Ohio to south of the Cuyahoga-Medina county border, excluding the Columbus area.
• Interstate 70: From the Indiana border to outside Wheeling, W.Va., excluding the Dayton, Columbus and Zanesville areas.
• Interstate 75: From outside of Toledo heading south to north of Dayton, excluding the Findlay and Lima areas.
• Interstate 90: From outside of Cleveland east to the Pennsylvania border.
Nationwide, 35 states now have a speed limit of 70 mph or higher.